Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Calories

Well, I made it through Valentine's!  And I didn't do too bad. A special someone took me out to a really nice seafood dinner.  And bought me this cookie cake.  It was sweet.

I only ate a piece of the cookie cake and gave the rest to my mother for her to take to her office.  That was will power.  That thing with a cup of coffee... Mmmm.

I also didn't eat all my dinner.  It's amazing to me how I am literally aware of everything I put in my mouth.  I'm not there yet, but I know I have made some progress mentally in this diet.  It really has to be a life style change and less of a "diet".  I need to work out more.  I need to incorporate a little more cardio into this whole thing.

I made the 5am workout this morning. We did legs.  I rocked it.  I am not even sore.  I am getting proud of myself.  The workouts are becoming a little easier.  It's so hard to reach the leveling out stage though.  The first 10 or 15 minutes on the treadmill kill me.  I literally think of about 3,429 excuses as to why I should get off.  But then I level out and it doesn't become so bad.  I have recently discovered Netflix.  I know, I'm late. But my Nook allows me to watch movies and such while on the treadmill.  That has really helped.  I've noticed that I need something visually to keep me focused more so then audio.  Music is great and it does keep me pumped, but I end up closing my eyes and just trying to find my flow.  Otherwise I stare at the clock.  See, I'm still learning this whole healthy life thing.  But, I'm welcoming the lessons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment