Wednesday, February 13, 2013

That One Thing

I weighed this morning.  Only lost .4 lb.  Which is actually pretty good.  When I saw that on the scale, I immediately felt discouraged.  But then I remembered this picture.  It does make me cringe that there are numerous, numerous pounds of that lardy lookin stuff in my body.  So, to say only .4 lb, well... it's still a pretty big deal.

I stopped by Starbucks this morning.  It was my first coffee in over a week.  I was having a craving.  I love the new vanilla spice lattes.  But instead of a grande, I got a tall.  And I got it with nonfat milk.  And I didn't get any whipped cream.  And instead of 3 pumps (which is standard) of the vanilla spice syrup, I only got 2.  It took my normal 270 calorie latte down to under 150.  And it still taste fantastic.

It's about making better decisions and being more conscious of what we put in our mouth.  I'm still going to want coffee.  But I didn't get the chocolate spice cake. THAT was rough.  But, on my next cheat day, I'll have a slice.  I remember reading once that if you just make one cut out for the day, it will add up tremendously   If you just substitute one veggie for a carb or if you only eat half of what you want, or an apple for fries, it will add up and it will become a habit.  So, what is the one thing you will do today?

1 comments:

JCSMILES said...

The picture hits home...years ago when I was on Jenny Craig, the counselor told me when I got discouraged about only losing two lbs to go to the grocery store and look at one of those two pound rolled up logs of ground beef. It puts it in perspective! Love your blog girlie!

Post a Comment