Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week 1 - An Intro and a catch up

Well, one week down, and 11 more to go.  I got a personal trainer, aka, the terminator, for the next 12 weeks.  Well, 11 weeks now.  I call him Term.  Real names should be protected in the making of this blog.

For the past week, Term has kicked my gluteus maximus in more then one area.  We started off with arms in our first workout.  Seriously, the following morning, I had thought I slept on my arms the entire night by the pain I was having.  No, not the case.  It was pain that was supposed to be there to solidify that I practically killed myself the morning before.  Then we did legs.  Yea, that was easier... <sarcasm>.  I meet with Term at 5am on Mondays and Fridays.  Cardio takes over on Wednesday and Saturdays.  Combine this with a 1,360 calorie diet, and welcome to my life for the next 11 weeks.

I will say in all seriousness, this is the hardest thing I have ever done.  The Lord above did not make me to be on a 1,360 calorie diet.  Have you seen my cupcakes?  Have you seen my cookie bars?  My pinterest alone is crazy.  But instead of being overwhelmed with baking goods, I now have a new training eats board and a new losing weight board.  (Feel free to follow me, Crtnybee15).  So, it looks as if my life's focus has to shift.  How does one go from eating with their eyes and desires to eating with what they need instead?  That's been my biggest obstacle.  I have to stop eating with my eyes and start eating with my brain.

There is a guy I work with, in his 20s, that amazes me.  He's this skinny lil dude.  But everyday, I am amazed to see what he is bringing in to work.  Breakfast usually starts with a 20 oz coke, and either McDonald's or Krispy Kreme.  Sometimes it's a donut from 7-11.  Sometimes it's all the above.  And he weighs about a buck fifty soaking wet.  True story.  Now, what in the world?! How is that fair?!  Just typing McDonald's, Krispy Kreme, and donuts makes me gain 5 lbs!  Oh life, your sense of humor makes me smile.

But, I have lost 7 lbs in the first week.  Yesterday began week 2.  I weigh every Monday.  What's that?  You want to know how much I weigh?  Yes...well, I want to eat a scone and a starbucks for breakfast right now.  :) So, we will compromise and say maybe one day within this 11 week venture, I will spill the magic number.  But for now, that number is 7 lbs less then it was last week.


2 comments:

JCSMILES said...

This is GREAT Court! I know...I work in the same field..the amount some of these folks eat every day is INSANE. Keep up the great work...as of today, I am down 62 lbs but have been on a plateau for three weeks and am getting VERY discouraged....Big hugs for continued success!

Unknown said...

LOVE your blog!!! So proud of you girlie! Keep up the good work! Your hard work will pay off. Can't wait until it warms up and we can go for bike rides or walks outside. :)

Post a Comment