Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This.actually.happened.

I have to share this...

So last night I got a pedicure and a manicure.  I know, best part of my day.  I had already had an extremely long workout yesterday morning.  It was probably my hardest one to date (in more ways then one)... I'll share that in a later blog... But being up at 4am and getting out of the nail shop at 8pm had already made for a long day.

Anyways, I digress, I got my nails done and my manicurist took me to the chairs for drying.  She has 4 post metal leg chairs, kind of like a bar stool with a high back.  You ready for this.

I...

.... I still can't say it.

I.  Broke.  The.  Chair.

Yes.  That happened.  I sat in the chair and felt the legs go from a straight line to a slight 45° angle from the floor.  Yes.  I felt the chair slide with my butt and bend to the side.  I bent it.  All of a sudden I hear, "Courtney, no!".  Poor girl was scared I was going to fall out the chair.  I get up because I can feel it not feeling right and .... I see the damage.

Talk about a shot to your pride.  Now those that have met me know, I'm not huge.  I'm far from breaking chair material.  But geez.  I told my 18 year old cousin.  His response, "Damn chair must have been defective".  I love him.

But yes, I broke the chair.  And I broke a part of my pride.  So RIP cheap chair.  R.I.P.

1 comments:

Kelly D said...

Girl. I broke a freaking patio chair once. In front of EVERYONE. And I'm not talking "break it and it doesn't fall to the floor". I'm talking "break it all the way and roll over like a freaking whale."

Post a Comment