Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Some Hard Stuff


I swear, this is some hard stuff.  Anyone that said losing weight and becoming a healthier person was easy - they lied.  Or else they had mono or something that dramatically helped them lose a ton of weight...jussayin.

Things are going constant.  I missed my Monday appointment with Term, but I made up for it Tuesday.  He made up for it as well.  We did arm exercises.  My arms today are like jello.  But, a friend told me to start poppin amino acid vitamins, said they would help with muscle repair and soreness.  Oh thank heavens for that.  I started taking them twice a day over the weekend and I noticed today that I am not as sore as I thought I would be.  As this point, the soreness is just soreness, it's not excruciating pain.  So, I don't mind the reminder that I busted ass in the gym.  It's the not being able to sit down to pee because my legs hurt too bad that I could do without.  

Between the working out and the 1,360 calorie a day diet, it hasn't been the easiest thing.  I cheated yesterday. The owner of my office ordered pizza from a great local pizza joint for lunch.  There was no way I was going to be able to pull that off.  So, remembering that I had a protein shake for breakfast and was making a healthy dinner, I knew a slice (ok, I had 2!!!) wouldn't kill me.  But I ripped off the crust (and a little more) and then blotted the hell out of that thing.  No extra grease needed, thank you.  

I weighed myself Sunday and I am down 10lbs so far.  So, I'm giving myself the 10lb star.  I'm not sure if the pizza ruined it or not, but I'm not weighing myself to find out.  I have a few days to recover.  

Oh, and speaking of protein shakes.  I've been having a blast coming up with ones that I like.  So far my favorite is a scoop of vanilla powder with a frozen banana, ice, water, and a tsp of chocolate syrup.  Someone told me to use cocoa powder instead of the syrup, so I'm gonna try that next.  I added chia seeds in it for extra fiber and such, yea - that takes some getting used to.  They get kind of jelly like when they get cold.  And since I'm a texture person, it kind of freaked me out a little.  But well, it's all in the head.  

So, that's where I'm at now.  We are now into week 3.  9 more weeks to go with Term and let's hope a lot more weight to lose.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment